I specialize in engineering exceptional mobile experiences for the Android Platform. Currently, I’m building brilliant, human-centered applications. Pre-order my book at Amazon.
My interest in software engineering and coding, in general, began after high school. I wanted to become an Aueuronateical Engineer, but over time my passion changed, and I discovered Software Engineering. I was fascinated by how computers worked, which made my interest grow. In 2015 I managed to build my first android application Simple Maths using Java, and it had over five hundred downloads with a 4.5 rating. This motivated me so much, and that's how I got into mobile. Illustration by Rachelle Baker
My Learning Curve
As my interest in building android applications grew, I applied for the Grow With Google Scholarship and won. The advanced android development nano degree from Udacity helped shape my second Application, Budgeting Buddy, which now has ten thousand downloads. Budgeting Buddy is a free mobile application that helps manage money and create budgets. Education: Auburn Samuel Ginn College of Engineering.
Senior Android Engineer @WGU
June 2020 - Present
- Roughly 85-95% of hands-on coding
- Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs, and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management and various business units to drive forward results
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Result-oriented mindset with an affinity for producing high-quality code
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics, and having a customer-focused mindset
Android Engineer @Streem Inc
Aug 2020 - May 2022
- Work on implementing new features that transform the ARCore experience into the Streem SDK.
- Work on fixing reported bugs from clients, and also analyze, optimize, and improve the codebase.
- Work closely with iOS and back-end engineers to discuss implementation detail and architecture.
- Work closely with all sides of the Streem business, providing value in many ways, not always in my core competency.
- Use Kotlin as the primary language, RxKotlin, Design and implement end-to-end components related to ARCore.
May 2020 - Jul 2020
- Brain Power, LLC, is a mission-based neuroscience tech startup headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with strong ties to MIT, Harvard, and Stanford. We hire the best and brightest from around the world and maintain a fully virtual, work-from-anywhere company paradigm.
- Worked on building the Empowered Brain Google Glass app for kids with Autism, using Kotlin
Lead Mobile Track (Android) @WWC
Jan 2018 - Present
- Created online webinars on Android Development, the language of use being Java and Kotlin, and ensured all projects were uploaded on Github.
- Inspired others to achieve their career goals and helped the track grow with over 85% webinar turnouts.
- Reviewed calls for proposals for mobile and leadership talks, and also shared my knowledge through talks and technical writing.
Android Engineer @Stealth
December 2016 - Oct 2019
I participated in designing new features that met the product specifications using latest technologies.
Budgeting App for Android.
Budgeting Buddy is a simple App meant to help maintain your monthly and daily budgets, the app is free, and you should be able to enjoy all free features without problems. To set up your wallet, visit the income section, and add amount.Get it for FREE on Google Play
Public Speaking & Podcasts
View some of my tech talks and webinars
Meet Madona Syombua, a Women Techmakers Ambassador who works as an Android Engineer.
Google I/O Extended at Samsung NYC
Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Engineering Manager.
International Women’s Day 2022 @ Betterment NYC
IWD is Women Techmaker’s annual event campaign when our community hosts events in March and April.
Jetpack Compose with Square Workflow
Jetpack Compose with Square Workflow talk by Zach Klippenstein.
New Jetpack register for activity API
Android docs now recommend using this new register ForActivity Result API.
View some of my projects and work
Android App UI/UX